The Estate Planning Show
Our hit show returns with fresh insight and expert know-how. Join us for this two-part online event that will help you spot planning opportunities and turn them into business.
Part one: The estate planning opportunity in 2021
Tuesday 18 May, 10:00am | Duration : 1 hour 30 minutes
- The unmet need for inheritance tax planning created by the pandemic, and how you can motivate clients to act.
- An overview of key estate planning strategies for clients.
- Our in-house tax expert gives an update on inheritance tax legislation and what it means for estate planning.
Part two: How BPR can unlock estate planning and who could benefit
Wednesday 19 May, 10:00am | Duration : 1 hour 30 minutes
- Overcoming the two biggest concerns clients can have when planning for inheritance tax.
- Important planning opportunities, including clients who have sold a business, ISA planning, and many more.
- Mark Greenwood, Director of Compliance Services at SimplyBiz, gives his best tips on how to approach writing Business Property Relief cases.
Risks associated with BPR-qualifying investments
One of the things we’ll be talking to you about is how Business Property Relief could be a useful estate planning tool for some clients. When it comes to BPR-qualifying investments, you should remember that the value of an investment, and any income from it, can fall as well as rise. Tax treatment depends on individuals’ circumstances and could change the in the future. Tax relief depends on portfolio companies maintaining their qualifying status.
Our full two-part series, The Estate Planning Show, is packed with practical content that qualifies as 3 hours of CPD.
Our events are presented by industry experts. We champion process over products, focusing on the scenarios advisers face everyday.