The Development Capital team typically invests between £2 million and £10 million in UK based small and medium-sized companies that are looking to grow. Using a combination of unsecured flexible debt and minority equity, we make decisions quickly and with more flexibility than a bank or private equity investor.
We invest in companies across multiple sectors that have successful management teams and strong recurring cash flows. Our funding is used to help companies grow, through supporting working capital, entering new geographies or launching new products.
What we offer
- Active board-level engagement and strategic support
- Sector generalists with a wide range of industry experience
- The experience and expertise of the investment team and wider Octopus Group
- Follow-on investment, if required
Why we are different
- Funding solutions tailored to meet requirements of all stakeholders
- We offer combinations of debt and equity to minimise dilution
- Flexible terms allow cash to be used for investment and growth
- We can co-invest alongside other funders and investors
What we look for
- Management teams with a strong track record and growth strategy
- Businesses with annual revenue in excess of £1 million
- Diversified customer base
- Businesses that have typically been trading for under 10 years
- A clear trajectory of profitability
The Development Capital team has a wide range of sector experience and a proven track record of backing management teams through multiple rounds of funding. If you want to get in touch, you can call us on 020 7710 2873 or email email@example.com
Meet the Development Capital team
A case study
Natterbox is a cloud-based telephony provider with unique software integrated in customer-relationship management platforms. They are headquartered in London and operate from three locations in Europe, US and Asia Pacific. They have a diverse revenue base and over 400 customers globally.
We first backed them back in March 2018 with £5 million and over time have helped them with strategic direction. Since our investment, Natterbox has used the funding to develop their technology platform and expand geographically. Investment has helped the company to grow a recurring revenue base.
We recommend you seek advice
This is just one of a number of potential financing options and may not be the right one for your company. You should take appropriate advice before taking any investment.