Octopus Choice lets you earn great interest by investing – alongside us – in loans backed by real bricks and mortar. It’s built on one of the oldest asset classes around: secured lending. The practice of lending to individuals or companies secured against residential property is as traditional as it gets, and has been the staple of financial institutions for centuries. Now, thanks to the development of peer-to-peer technology, everyday investors can enjoy the benefits, too.
There’s no fixed term to lock you in – and with no hidden fees or unexpected charges, it’s transparent and free of any investment charges. For those with money to invest, but nowhere to invest it, it could be the choice you’ve been waiting for.
Please remember, this investment places your capital at risk, and you could get back less than you originally invest. Make sure you look at the ‘Explaining the risks’ section below and please read the product brochure for full details of the risks.
- Great rate: Target a variable rate of between 4% and 5% per annum. Interest is paid monthly, and you can choose whether to have it automatically re-invested, or paid out as an income.
- Bricks and mortar security: All loans are secured against real physical assets with a first legal charge – meaning they can be sold if the borrower defaults.
- Our money where our mouth is: We invest with you, and would lose our money first. You’ll get your initial investment back before us; and you’ll earn all your interest before we earn any.
- Track record: All loans are carefully selected by Octopus Property. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, but they’ve lent over £2 billion – and lost less than 0.1%.
- Your money is at risk: Octopus Choice is not a cash savings account – your money is invested in loans to borrowers. We can’t guarantee investors will get all their capital back, or earn all of their interest.
- Not FSCS protected: The product is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Your capital and interest are at risk.
- Instant access not guaranteed: Withdrawing means selling your investments in individual loans to other investors. We’ll try to give you access quickly, but we can’t make any guarantees.
- Affected by market conditions: Your investments will be concentrated in a single asset class – loans secured against residential property – and so could be affected by a material downturn in the property market.
This sort of investment is not suitable for everyone and it’s important that you fully understand the risks involved.
We do not offer investment or tax advice, and we always recommend you talk to a financial adviser before making investment decisions.
Octopus Choice is a trading name of Octopus Co-Lend Limited, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, which is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number 722801).